Labels

Saturday 28 December 2013

Creating the band


Unfortunately my group has been unable to organise the photographing of four band members. The main reason for this is that we created the play dough men from our imagination without basing it on real people has made it difficult to find people which will be reflected through the play dough members. 
This is why I have come to the conclusion of drawing the members myself, to do this we photographed people based on height not appearance, this gave me the basic silhouette for my drawing. I then  blocked the photo out to create a shadow and then went on to tracing the basic lines of each person. Once I had completed the tracing, I scanned the drawing into Photoshop where I was able to experiment with colour. I really like the outcome because I feel the style represents the creative side of the band and also reflects the play dough throughout the music video.
I feel the inspiration for my design came from the band Blur and their colourful, creative design which doesn't show them as real people but takes an aspect from each member in order to form their own, unique, recognisable personality/ character.



No comments:

Post a Comment