Labels

Friday 1 November 2013

Journal - First shoot

Today was the first day of capturing footage for our music video, my role was to organise small scale props such as toy cars, I also organised the use of a keyboard. I feel our team work was very good as we were all organised in supplying everything we needed. 
 
 When creating the band members for the stop motion we decided to use plasticine as we felt it would be easy to mould into forms we desired. We did face some difficulties when using this material which included it being to hard to mould; to overcome this problem we warmed the plasticine before forming the shapes we needed. For each band member we created unique characteristics to help them express each of their personalities.

Through the stop motion we was able to use a range of shots including close ups, long shot and mid shots, I feel these worked really well as each one helped focus on specific features. In the first scene involving cars we realised we were moving the props to much, therefore the following shots were improved by moving each aspect the smallest space.

Overall I feel we have made a good start to our music video and I would like to keep this standard and pace through the future planned scenes. I was also able to capture some images for my digipak, which I will be experimenting with to see what works well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment