Labels

Sunday 16 February 2014

Digipak Development

I have changed my panels on my Digipak as I had previously put them in the wrong position. The front cover involves the bands logo to make them recognisable, I also used coloured waves to present the name of the album 'Colour spectrum', and feel this works well as it is bright and white background helps the colour to stand out. I also reflected this on the back panel to create a continuity through the Digipak. The top three panels involve the front of the house, this is where I placed the track list - I feel I may need to improve the composition of the track list as I don't feel the typography is easy to understand. The disc then represents the plasiticine band in a house, I feel this works well as the image was taken from the bands debut song 'Bohemian Like You'. I then decided to use images of the musical instruments within the music video because I feel each instrument reflects a band member, this is also emphasised through the logo containing silhouettes of the instruments. The panel involving the band reflects them through the same drawing which was used on the poster; the reason i decided to not use a photo of the real band is because Tonic are not creating music to become famous, they are doing it because they enjoy it and they feel their image is less important than the music. Therefore I have only used a short live performance from them in the music video. I also feel I need to change the composition of the spine because the logo has not been positioned in the centre.     

No comments:

Post a Comment